Leighton Meester

Date of Birth
9 April 1986, Fort Worth, Texas, USA 
Birth Name
Leighton Marissa Meester 
Height
5' 5" (1.65 m) 
Trivia
Has an older brother, Douglas Meester.
Her surname "Meester" is Dutch for "master" or "teacher".
She has worked with famous photographer Sofia Coppola.
She enjoys singing and even sang in the movie Drive Thru (2007).
She is naturally blonde but dyed her hair brown for the role of "Blair Waldorf" for her TV series "Gossip Girl" (2007).
Named one of People Magazines' 100 Most Beautiful in 2008.
Ranked #48 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
Has a younger brother named Lex Meester.
Attended Beverly Hills High School in Beverly Hills, California.
Is bringing out an electric pop album sometime in 2009.
She also speaks fluent French.
Enjoys creative writing.
Ranked #12 on Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 of 2009 list.
Ranked #1 on FHM Online's Fall 2008 TV's Hottest Stars.
Was ranked #17 on Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 of 2010 list.
Grew up in Marco Island, Florida
Her mother is of Spanish descent.
Her mother served a federal prison sentence for her involvement in a drug ring that smuggled marijuana from Jamaica to the United States. She was able to give birth to Leighton in a hospital and nursed her for three months in a halfway house, before returning to prison to complete her sentence. At this time Leighton's grandmother cared for her.
Moved to Los Angeles, California at 14. She attended Hollywood High School and Beverly Hills High School. She then transferred to a small private school and graduated a year early.
Was in a relationship with her former "Gossip Girl" (2007) co-star Sebastian Stan from 2008-2010.
Ranked as having one of the most beautiful famous faces by "The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World." She was ranked #4 in 2010, #14 in 2009, and #21 in 2008.

Personal Quotes
I don't want to do drugs. I don't want to have to start over a million times. I want to have an abundance of good things in my life, and I want it to spread out evenly - I don't want it to come and go.
I want to do so many things -- and maybe someday a lot of it will be impossible, but right now I don't see the impossible.
My mom lived through a lot before I was born, and I can't judge her on that. She and my dad are good people. Look, I could've turned out a lot worse.
I was picked on because I was a four-eyes and a dork. We didn't have a ton of money so I couldn't say, "Mom, I need to have these crazy expensive jeans." I had long tangled hair and wore hemp necklaces, baggy T-shirts and not-so-cute jeans. I mean, for crying out loud, we were just going to throw on gym clothes and run around the track! I've grown up as far as the fashion world goes, but I still identify with the high school me.
I really came to realize -- and it's the best advice that will come out of the end of this show -- that high school is not the end, it is not the best, it is not the only. You will have a whole life afterward, if you're lucky. If you're unlucky, then the only thing you'll ever feel is how fun it is at your prom.
I love New York. You're never alone, but you're always on your own.
I don't want to have a friend unless I can call them one of my best friends.
I think the most wonderful thing about her [Audrey Hepburn] is that she set a lot of trends and they were all about being modern yet having your own kind of look because you can be stylish and trendy all you want but, at the end of the day, it's about what you feel amazing in.
If you're just yourself, you'll never lose. I want to be myself. That's when you feel the most comfortable, that's when you have the most success, and that's when you're the most happy.
[on her parents' criminal past] It made me realize that you can't judge anyone-especially your parents-for what they've done in their past, because people change.